Saturday 13 August 2011

Barn's Boats & Beer

What a fantastic week, the weather has been great, well three days of sunshine so I guess thats the Norwegian summer over with. I've managed to pack in quite a bit this week, firstly I went to my first Folklore Evening... that was different!

I have booked the clients into 3 or 4 now but this week I decided to stay over in Ulvik for a couple of nights and this weeks event fell on a night I was there, to be fair, I only wanted to have a look at what it was all about so I could explain the event better to the clients, but once inside you can't just leave!

Anne-Marie the local school Marm' was hosting the show with half a dozen of her students, all dressed in the Norwegian National Costume, and dancing around in a barn! Before long we were all invited onto the dance floor to join in. like I said... Different!

The following morning was a trip up Osa mountain again, this time in sunshine too. Got some really great shots and ventured further into the wilderness... Truly stunning indeed.

That night I was aboard the Lady Anne for the evening cruise and then back to the girls pad for a pre party before descending on the Green Cafe once more for more debauchery and partying.

This time it was Karoline's leaving party and an even better turnout than before... I think we have started something now, the Cafe is becoming very popular on a Friday with all the young folk!.

Back to Voss this morning for some much needed sleep. Looks like I'm having some visitors in a week or two, so Norway just keeps getting better and better :)

Shame I only have about 6 weeks left....


No comments:

Post a Comment