Sunday 28 August 2011

Så lenge Norge, dens blitt emosjonell, jeg elsker deg og ønsker å bo for alltid

Its been a while since my last blog, but then I have been a little busy, first of all, most of the clients this week have taken part in all of the activities and secondly I had a visit from my bestist buddies Sara, Tony and the Twins Callum & Ella... Hurricane Irene... Pah, nothing on those pair :)

The sun even poked its head out for a few minutes on Friday, enough to make the Osa Mountain trip enjoyable again, maybe the last time I go up there this year, who knows!. The evening cruise was more like crossing the channel in October, That was the first time Ive seen white water on the Fjords!

Sat in the Hotel garden on Friday evening watching the kids playing on the boats gave me a great idea, one that Dad will be holding his head in his hands and muttering "oh no not again" under his breath, when he reads this....

I fancy building a boat, not too sure yet whether to go for a Kayak / Canoe and somehow build a platform to hold an outboard or just get a crappy fiberglass hull and make a speedboat from it. Ebay seem to have a few 'old buckets' from a tenner so i'm still pondering that one. It need to have an engine so I can explore further AFjord and also small enough to go on/in/around the car and trailer. I figured if I come back here next year and I have all this water to play on (and no wind Dad, before you suggest one with sails) then what better toy to bring with me..... Ideas please :)

Time is running out in Norway now and things are starting to close, The Ulvik Hotel was the first to go and shut its doors on saturday. Folklore evenings are no more, Osa Mountain is no more, and even the nights are drawing in. (Yes I know, darkness in Norway!) Even Izzy has gone to Sweden...

I will certainly miss this place and all its quirkyness, I have some great new friends here now, but time wont stand still and my skiing muscles are starting to twitch... Lots of plans for the inter-season seeing as I didn't get one between winter and summer, although I think 6 - 8 weeks is too long, That said... I think I can now tell people what's happening this winter...

Inghams have offered me Resort Managers Position in Val D'Isere, I have accepted, contracts signed, bond paid, Job done. Think about it, No Pre Madonna Chefs to deal with, No drunken Chalet Girls oversleeping, No Chalets falling down or blowing up, No Maintenance men driving 2 hours to 'Look at the Job' and best of all... No pre season toilet scrubbing... Pure Bliss! ..... and a brand new resort to play in. That will be soooo weird having skied the 3 valleys for the last 9 winter seasons. Let hope i'm up to the job, Inghams are great to work for, I have thoroughly enjoyed it here (but then I think you have gathered that :)

All I have to do now is haul all of my stuff back through Scandinavia re-pack in Britain and drag it all to France again....






No comments:

Post a Comment