Monday 12 September 2011

Shut your eyes and think of somewhere.....

Al though I have been a little quiet on here lately I must just say that its going to get quieter. My time in Norway is almost up and in less than a fortnight I will be back on that cargo ship to the UK. I was scheduled to be on the boat on the 16th September but with some jiggling and juggling it has now been put back to the 23rd dropping me in the lovely town of Immingham on the 25th.

For saying that we are slowly closing the operation down, the last couple of weeks have been manic. After the Judges trotted of up north in search of trolls, my folks descended on Voss of a long weekend. I think they enjoyed themselves, taking in Ulvik, Norway in a Nutshell and a day out in Bergen (yes it rained) to mention but a few. Izzy returned from Sweden stocked up with her mouth teabag nicotine thingy's... (I have no idea, so don't ask:) so normal service has been resumed once more. The 'Boys' from the Green Cafe have been fired for.... well what haven't they been fired for... late serving, underage serving, partying until way after Ulviks bedtime and generally being 20 year old's in charge of Ulviks most happening bar.

Needless to say the Friday night gatherings continued at the Red Cafe, with more of a 'relaxed' atmosphere. Even George is back on the scene! Adina has left Norway (Our woman in Loen) without even meeting me! Neil has packed and is ready for the off on Wednesday and I've just said goodbye to Rich who is off on Friday. Looks like i'll be the last one holding the flag of st George till the very end.

This is a first too.... last week my clients leaving Voss for Balestrand got out of the taxi during the ferry crossing, when it docked at Hella, the first port, they got off, not realizing the boat then carried on to Dragsvik. With the driver in Dragsvik and the passengers in Hella I get a phone call telling me what has happened.... Easily resolved but trying not to laugh was harder. They were so embarrassed when they passed back through Voss on Sunday. Good job we have a good communications network over here!

Well, I'm about to start packing up the flat and eventually loading the car, My plan is to move down to Ulvik for the last week as the Brakanes Hotel seem to be the only ones who want to feed me. Then a few days tidying up any loose ends before the off.

I'm sure I'll write some more before then but if not... see you on the other side.... i'm not looking forward to a couple of months in the UK but it will be cool to catch up with a few people too.....




.

No comments:

Post a Comment